The US Supreme Court upheld the healthcare reform act in a 5-4 decision.
What does this mean?
“It is a dual edged sword – Americans have better access to coverage, but fewer plans are being offered and because there is a mandate, insurance companies are raising prices because Americans ‘must’ purchase health insurance.”
1) Better mental health coverage for Americans
2) Access to insurance for all Americans
3) No more pre-existing conditions clauses
4) Premiums will increase because:
a) all American’s must buy
b) it will take 10 years before the
cost savings tied to the
preventative care mandates
will be realized. In the interim,
premiums will be used to cover
5) There will be fewer insurance plans offered to Americans.
6) All Americans will have to carry insurance or pay a penalty.
7) Children may stay on their parents plans until age 26.